[ccp4bb]: SeMet oxidation

Hello

Re David Borhani's reservations about oxidised selenomethionine.
We have collected MAD data on a fully (naturally) oxidised and fully
reduced (using DTT) selenomethionine protein, and found that they are
isomorphous except for the bound water molecules to the oxidised
selenium atoms. This is in the press in Acta D (Thomazeau et al., maybe
in the July issue).
So my idea about the question is that again, it depends on the protein.

.... Valerie

Valerie Biou                         Institut de Biologie Structurale
biou@ibs.fr                               41 rue Jules Horowitz
                                                38027 Grenoble cedex 1
 Please note our new phone number !    France
fax : (+33) (0)4 38 78 54 94     tel : (+33) (0)4 38 78 95 92