Re: [ccp4bb]: Truncate problems?

The small output file means the program has failed badly.
But we would need the logfile to know what has gone wrong.
Mail it to ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk and they will help you (NOT TO
ME AS I AM NOT THERE!)

The DepositFiles file is the "harvesting file" which saves
information for when you come to deposit your structure. This
file should not affect anything else, and is not pertinent to
your problem.

Cheers

Martyn

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Cheng-Yu Chen wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Dear ccp4 communication :
>
> I am trying to truncate a mtz file produced from scalepack2mtz using
> CCP4-4.1.1 package. It seams that the truncate run normally but I got a
> abmornal file which is too small and lose all reflections in it. The
> truncate also produce a folder called "DepositFiles" containing a file
> called "unknown######.truncate." But what I don't know is that I used
> the same sca file and same script in my old computer with CCP4-4.1.1
> package, I can make a normal truncated file and without the
> "DepositFiles." I use RedHat 7.1 on a Intel pc and the CCP4 program suit
> was compiled normally. Could someone give me some hints : is this a
> system problem ? or a file producing problem?
>

> Cheng-Yu Chen
> Dept. of Life Science
> National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan
> Tel : 886-3-5715131 ext 3207
> email : b851615@life.nthu.edu.tw

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@dl.ac.uk (personal)      *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@dl.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)    *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *