Re: [ccp4bb]: Ions in the internal protein cavities - addendum 2

Petr Leiman wrote:

> I did not mentioned the crystallization solution components because
> there is not way how that thing could have got into the inside of the
> protein through the surrounding hydrophobic jungle. The protein is an
> SDS- and urea-resistant trimer. The trimer sits on a crystallographic
> three-fold axis in space group R32.
>
> The  crystals were obtained at pH 5.6 and at pH 8.0, with FeCl3 or CeCl
> and without them. Buffers - TrisCl and Jeffamine.
>
> Petr

 At the risk of being repetitive..
Do an Dano fourier ( you DID keep the anomalous differences didnt you!)
If it is a metal you will see some sort of signal you can relate to that
from the sulphurs or to your heavy atom signal to give you some sort of
relative scale. That often distinguises whether a peak is from an Fe or
a Ca or whatever..
Eleanor