Re: [ccp4bb]: REVISE/ECALC//RANTAN/FFT

Personally, I would go straight to SnB or/and ShelxD, both truly
impressive programs.  They also take care of E-calculation (ShelxD
implicitly).

In the same vein, it really helps to have a really excellent (highly
redundant) peak dataset -- in my experience, that's better for solving
substructures than trying to combine somehow two or three MAD datasets of
average qualilty.  Spend the crystal lifetime collecting that peak
instead. [I anticipate that statement will unleash a storm of protest...
oh well.] One wavelength (SAD) with solvent flattening is, however,
frequently enough to give interpretable maps as well (with Sharp+solomon,
anyway).

Not exactly a direct answer to your question, but whatever :)
phx.