Re: Masking

RE: "maskless averaging"

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Fred. Vellieux wrote:

> I stand with what I said earlier.
> Sorry about all this lengthy discussion, but it is right that things
> are presented correctly on a discussion list.

now that it has been described in detail, i think we all now understand
what you and J. Naismith are doing.  i will point out however that the
original phrase "maskless averaging" completely failed to convey to
several of us exactly what was going on.  i posit therefore that it is bad
terminology.

     Crystals are pretty, but they just kind of sit there,
         not doing much of anything.  - Larry Wall
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world
                        University of California-Irvine
                        schuller@uci.edu