Re: Masking

>  dm will generate itts own mask if you ask it to. You must give the
> sovent content and ask for NCSMASK NMER 2 ( see "advanced keywords"
>
> Eleanor

I found that this options works very well if your initial NCS operators
are quite accurate and the starting phases are reasonably good.

In cases of poor NCS operators and/or very poor phases I usually use a
simple multimer mask (e.g. a huge sphere or slice around centre of NCS
symmetry if it obeys pointgroup symmetry). This allows refinement of
the NCS operators up to 5 degree (rotation) and/or ~ 5 Angstroem
(translation) away from their initial values. A correlation based
initial mask will tend to 'stick' with the initial NCS operators - on
which this correlation was based! (see e.g. GETAX documentation).

Clemens

* Clemens Vonrhein                   BUSTER Development Group  *
*                           http://Lagrange.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk  *
*                           email: vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com  *
*         Global Phasing Ltd.                                  *
*         Sheraton House                                       *
*         Castle Park                                          *
*         Cambridge CB3 0AX                                    *
*         UK                                                   *
*    Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033   Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889         *