[ccp4bb]: Re: Re-indexing

My first guess would be:

       __________                 __________
   c  /         /                /\        /\
     /         /                /  \      /  \
    /         /                /    \c   /    \
   /         /                /      \  /      \
  /_________/                /________\/________\
                            /\        /
                           /  \      /
                          /    \    / a
                         /      \  /
                        /________\/

     old                             new
(with b going up)            (with b going down)

I hope these drawings make sense? The point is, that in P21 you can
use a diagonal of you old cell to draw a second cell.

Cheers

Clemens

> We recently re-collected a higher resolution data set on a crystal
> The new cell is 111 88 110 beta = 98 vs
> 110 88 145 beta 131.5 for the old cell
>
> Both cells are P21
>
> The cells have appoximately the same volume. I have seen this type of
> choice of cell during indexing before and suspect both cells are the same.
>
> However, straight scaling of the data to each other goes haywire, so does
> transposing hkl to lkh.
>
> Anyone know how to do this. I don't fancy going back to tape and trying
> to force processing in the 'old' cell.

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.          vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com  *
*         Global Phasing Ltd.                                  *
*         Sheraton House, Castle Park                          *
*         Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK                                *
*    Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033   Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889         *
* BUSTER Development Group (http://Lagrange.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk) *