Re: [ccp4bb]: twin crystal growth

Yes, in certain proteins there is a correlation between growth rate and
twinning of the crystal. For example, in case of tetragonal lysozyme,
increasing the salt (NaCl) from say 5% to 7-8% in the reservoir (of a
hanging drop vap diffusion expt) results in large amount of twinned
crystals.
Changing pH may also affect the twining behaviour of crystal, as is true
again with lysozyme.
Mukesh