Re: [ccp4bb]: compiling on SGI -- how can I use -n32?

Kay's method is perfectly fine. An equivalent (and possibly easier)
way if you have already run the default configure, is to edit
the config.status file in the top directory, and then run config.status
(rather than configure). Change all -32 to -n32. Some compiler options
will need to be changed, e.g. -Olimit 1250 becomes -OPT:Olimit=1250

Regarding Kay's last comment, as far as I know, if you run configure
or config.status again, it should overwrite previous Makefiles. I just
tried it here, and seems OK. But of course, it is a good general rule - if
you get into a mess, start from the beginning rather than battling on ....

In the next release, we will make n32 the default rather then 32.
High time, I know ....

Regards,

Martyn

--

*** Support DIAMOND at Daresbury *** http://www.diamond.freewire.co.uk/

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@dl.ac.uk (personal)      *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603124    E-mail: ccp4@dl.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)    *
*          URL: http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/martyn/martyn.html          *