Re: [ccp4bb]: compiling on SGI -- how can I use -n32?

Susan Heffron wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Hi all!
>
> I must be missing something... it seems that the configure script for
> CCP4 v4.0 only gives the compiler flag choices of -64 (by specifying
> irix64) or -32 (by specifying -irix).  How can I get it to compile with
> -n32?
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>                                Susan
>
> --
>         Susan Heffron
> Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics
> University of California, Irvine
>     Irvine, CA  92697   U.S.A.
>   phone:  (949) 824-4625
>   FAX:    (949) 824-8540

Susan,

you enter (in case you use csh/tcsh):

setenv XCFLAGS "-n32 -OPT:Olimit=0 -DPROTOTYPE"
setenv XFFLAGS "-n32 -OPT:Olimit=0 -nocpp"
setenv COPTIM -O
setenv FOPTIM -O2
setenv SHARE_LIB "ld -n32 -shared -all libccp4.a -o libccp4.so"
setenv XLDFLAGS -lfastm

and then

configure --with-x --with-shared-lib irix

I think this was posted for CCP4 3.x by Joachim Meyer (if it was someone
else, I apologize).
You can add other options to the XCFLAGS/XFFLAGS ones, like "-mips4
-r10000 -DEBUG:trap_uninitialized=ON", or other "OPT:" options.

In case you ran configure before without the above environment
variables, you have all Makefiles with -o32 or -64 now. I found it's
advisable then to start from scratch (because I didn't start from
scratch, I had to edit Makefiles manually in lib/ccif and
x-windows/src). In other words, changing the environment variables and
running configure won't give you new Makefiles if you had old ones (I
think).

Kay
--
Kay Diederichs         http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/~kay