[ccp4bb]: Jumping between refinement programs..

Dear all,
Would anyone have suggestions about what is going on here:

I have bene refining my model with CNS, but as the unit cell is
very large i thouhgt i might use ARP to add the rest of the waters
--then i thought refine it a bit more with CNS, the R-factors
at the at the beginning of the CNS conjugate gradient
minimisation (with max. likelyhood target) very OK
- better than i expected and better than what ARP/Refmac
statistics gave me  --but the refinement  allways starts
going upwards 'R-factorwise' in CNS
--so the initial R-free is 2 % lower than the end value no matter
what --Any suggestions for an explanations other than that its  a bad
idea to jump between refinement programs..??
've tried altering the ncs-restrians and the xray/geometry
weighing.

I am just puzzled with the fact that the inital R-factors are allways
the lowest!! Based only on R-factors (and geometry) one could take
the model after ARP and say thats a done model -- its just that when
one tries to refine it it tha doeasnt work. I have never had this
kind of a problem with using diffrent refinement programs -- but it
raises interestinn questions..

Thanks for comments,
Tommi
Tommi Kajander