Re: [ccp4bb]: zinc-finger protein crystallization

Take a look at the crystallization of Zif268 by Pabo et al. They used
pretty drastic measures but it worked very well.
Good luck!

Ze

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, xinqi liu wrote:

> ***    CCP4 home page http://www.dl.ac.uk/CCP/CCP4/main.html    ***
>
> Dear all,
>    I am doing a zinc-finger protein crystallization.
> When I purify it, this protein often aggregate and
> precipitate even in enough beta-mercaptoethanol (5mM),
> because of the free cysteines in protein. I use vapor
> diffusion method to do crystallization screen. But
> nearly in all drops the protein will precipitate in
> one or two days. Does anyone has good idea to make it
> become stable? Thank you very much.
>
>   Sincerely,
> xinqi

> http://im.yahoo.com/

Jose Trincao
Physiology & Biophysics
1425 Madison Av., room 16-26, box 1677
New York, NY 10029
USA
"All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we choose to
distort it" - Woody Allen
"There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he
believes in anything or not" - Monty Python