Re: [ccp4bb]: CCP4i on linux,

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Bjšrn Kauppi wrote:

> When I run a program in CCP4i on my Linux box it runs ok but in the window
> listing all runs it only says STARTING, never RUNNING and especially not
> FINNISHED or FAILED. Very annoying. I have to check the log file and out
> file to know when it is done!
>
> Is it only on my system or is it a global problem, can anything be done?
> Do I have to mention that everything  works in the SGI, (but it is on
> average 5x slower!)

Hi Bjrn

Make sure that you not only have the current versions of Tcl/Tk/BLT
installed (I have version 8.4 of tcl and tk, and 2.4 of BLT on my Mac),
but also _start_ the right version in $CCP4/ccp4i/bin/ccp4i; there's a
line in that file that reads something like

	exec $CCP4I_TCLTK/wish?.? "$0" -- ${1+"$@"}

The ?.? should refer to the right copy of wish on your system for ccp4i
(it's possible to have different versions of wish for different
things...).

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH