RE: [ccp4bb]: how to prepare images for submission?

If you can convert your maps to XPLOR format, then you may want to
consider using PyMOL, which can generate ray-traced renditions of
ribbons, surface, and electron density much more conveniently than
Molscript/Bobscript/Raster3d.

http://pymol.sourceforge.net

Furthermore, in command-line mode you can render figures with
arbitrarily large resolutions. For example, the command:

pymol -c < script.pml

where "script.pml" ends with something like

   viewport 2000,1500   # expand the screen in memory
   ray             # ray-trace
   png image.png     # save png-format image file (2000x1500)

# end of script

These PNG files can be converted to whatever format you need using
ImageMagick.

- Warren