[ccp4bb]: ncsmask error "unable to open phase file"???

I'm trying to use ncsmask to build a mask from a pdb file.
When I execute the following script, ncsmask complains
"unable to open phase file". Do I need a phase file to build
a mask? I'm wondering because the same script worked
fine several versions of CCP4 ago.

#! /bin/tcsh -f
ncsmask XYZIN mask_mon.pdb MSKOUT mask_mon.msk <<EOF
symmetry 145
EOF

I found a similar question on CCP4BB archive, but couldn't
locate the answer. Sorry if there has been the answer on
CCP4BB archive or FAQ.

Thank you for your help!

Woo