Re: [ccp4bb]: refmac review mode

Bernhard Rupp wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> I see that refmac5 has a review mode to check input and I want
> to use it just for that before I continue. If I look up the
> keyword references, 'REVIEW' returns no hit. What am I
> missing here? Is this not supposed to run only in review mode
> like MODE REVIEW or something?
>
> Thx.
>
> PS: blame it on the approaching celebration of the illegal secession
> from the British Empire....

It is good idea to put in refmac MODE REVIEW. But review mode in ccp4i
does not work like
that. It uses several keywords like

REFi TYPE IDEA ! idealise. It just means don't look for mtz file
MAKE LINK YES ! find links
make connectivity yes ! check connecitivities
make  symmetry yes ! treat symmetry related links
make cispeptide yes ! find cispeptides
make sugar yes ! check sugar (sugar sugar and sugar proteint) links
make check all ! check validity of all residues (or monomers).aa, na,
sugar and ligands
make ssbond yes ! find ssbonds
make hydrogens yes ! add hydrogens in their riding positions. This
should be optional
make exit yes ! exit after reading and checking all aboves

For next release I will add mode review which will override all keywords and use

these collective ones.

Regards

Garib

Garib N. Murshudov, Chemistry Department, University of York, U.K.
Tel: Home +44 (1904) 42 62 87, work:  +44 (1904) 43 25 65