[ccp4bb]: Ghosting with Geforce card under Linux

Dear All,

I have recently bought a PC for running crystallographic software under
RedHat linux 7.1.

Here are the specs:
Dantum PC/1Ghz (Pentium III) 512Mb RAM 40Gb IDE HDD
19" Iiyama A902MT VM Pro (Nf Diamondtron)
Geforce II GTS 64MB Ultra TV Out

Unfortunately the display is very fuzzy, on closer inspection it looks like
a ghosting effect. Not very easy on the eyes!

I have tried downloading new drivers from Nvidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

 NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-1251.i386.rpm
 NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1251.rh71up.i386.rpm

and have installed them as per the "README and Installation Guide" and
modified the XF86Config-4 file appropriately, but there is no improvement. I
also tried a different monitor just in case, also with no improvement.

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Dr. David M. Lawson
Biological Chemistry Dept.,