[ccp4bb]: ++

 Could someone please explain how dmmulti works.  I have 4 weak
 (different) Hg derivatives that are matched against  1 of 3
 natives (on the basis of agreement of length of C axis). All
 4 have one site in common  and 3 have a 2nd site in common.
 I have applied (individually) solve and resolve and then
 put the whole bunch through dmmulti to supposedly get a better
 map than any of the individual maps.

 My thinking was that dmmulti would conceptually build and
 refine a concensus electron density map and then x-form
 this map back to each of the individual cells (in this
 case trivially since the operator would essentially be the
 identity) then back transform each of these to get phase & fom
 for each data set.

 However, when I calculate the correlation between pairs I get
 a highest value of .75 with the rest .62-.68.  I did have to
 fudge the cell constants because mapman requires identical
 cell params.   Are the CC a bit low because of the fudging
 of the cell params or am I wrong to think that all of the
 dmmulti maps should be nearly identical?  If I am wrong
 do I STILL need to combine the maps (or phases) somehow
 in order to get as much information into a single map as is
 possible?

 TIA

 Steve Ernst