Re: [ccp4bb]: PowerPoint

> Making movies:

VideoMach is a not-great-but-good-enough tool for assembling together
other movie files, gif files, animated gif files or whatever and
outputing a descent variety of formats. It has a free 30 day trial
and a single copy costs 50$. If you really find the 50$ too much you can
reinstall every 30 days ... but that is a 50$ well spend !

http://www.gromada.com/

How to get the 'frames' I guess it will always be a matter of taste.
We mostly use Bobscript/Raster3d to get RGB files, then ImageMagick
(freeware) to get an animated GIF (you can preview that in Netscape).
Then I ftp the GIF in my notebook and convert it to
mpeg or avi with VideoMach.

Note that PowerPoint 2000 will play animated GIFs but it is truly
patheticaly slow. The same gif in the same computer plays great using
Netscape though ... yet another example of enlighted programming from
Microsoft. Talking about it, in PowerPoint when you import a movie or an
animated GIF it shows in 'true' resolution while editing (ie a 'file'
pixel takes a 'screen' pixel) and when going to 'full
screen'/'presentation' mode it scales it up (ie resamples the image with
osme short of undocumented dithering technique), which most of the time
goes unnoticed but in fact makes the image quality a bit worse. Does
anybody know a trick (other than not to use PowerPoint) to ovecome this?

		Tassos