Re: [ccp4bb]: Questions about IZIT

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 eiichi_tsuji@pharm.kissei.co.jp wrote:

>  Some days later, Clusterd needles were appeared
> near the injected point. and colours were deep blue.
> (When we placed the IZIT in the drop, droplet were covered "skin".)
>

> Our questions are .......
> Does "IZIT" induce protein crystals?
> Given needles are Crystals of "IZIT"?
> If given crystal are "IZIT" crystals, how does it looks like?
> (All set-ups are incubated at 4℃)

In my experience IZIT crystallizes very easily in a variety of conditions.
The crystals are needles or elongated flakes, often forming stars or
clusters later. The colour is from blue to magenta.

Kaj Stenberg, Ph. D
Department of Biosciences            tel. +358-9-191 59682
Division of Biochemistry             fax +358-9-191 59068
P. O. Box 56, Viikinkaari 5          e-mail: kaj.stenberg@helsinki.fi
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki     http://www.helsinki.fi/~kstenber/
Finland

This message is environmentally friendly: every bit was created using
100% recycled electrons.