[ccp4bb]: 2001/2 CCP4 Study Weekend

Dear All,

2001: Molecular Replacement and its Relatives.
  The proceedings for the 2001 Study weekend are now available online from
the IUCr (http://journals.iucr.org/d/). Unfortunately the online version
is only available to subscribers to IUCr Acta D. Paper copies are
currently being sent to all the people who attended the Study Weekend (be
patient!). If your library subscribes I'm sure their copy will appear
soon. We regret that due to the popularity and high attendance of this
course CCP4 currently has no spare copies of the proceedings though they
will be/are available for purchase from the IUCr.

2002: High-throughput Structure Determination.
  Its only a month to the closing date of this exciting meeting and places
are going fast (but still have space!). If you have any questions about
the study weekend (timetables, location, bursaries etc) please read the
information on the CCP4 courses page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/ccp4course.html
or contact us at ccp4conf@ccp4.ac.uk

Regards,
Alun

>            High-throughput Structure Determination
>   A meeting organised by CCP4 and Daresbury Laboratory
>                   4-5th January 2002
>                 The University of York
>

> The high-throughput revolution that swept through DNA sequencing and
> genetics is set to change the face of structural biology. This study
> weekend will address all aspects of this revolution from target selection
> and protein production through data collection and processing to model
> building and validation.
>
> With automation comes miniaturisation, posing further challenges. Setting
> up small-volume crystallisation plates, warehousing the trials and
> inspecting the millions of drops for crystal growth all pose their own
> problems. In particular, the methods for determining if a drop contains a
> crystal are still in their infancy.
>
> Once diffraction quality crystals are produced the focus shifts to the
> synchrotrons where MAD/SAD strategies, efforts to automate sample
> changing, data collection, processing and phasing are already starting to
> deliver structure determination in hours. Computation underpins all
> aspects of structural genomics from target selection, laboratory
> automation and information management, crystal detection, data collection
> and phasing to model building, validation and analysis.
>
> The annotation of genomic data with structural (and functional)
> information is a major challenge for structural biologists and this study
> weekend will provide a timely update for this rapidly emerging field.
>

> Invited speakers include:
>      Jan-Pieter Abrahams (Leiden, NL)
>      Paul Adams (Berkeley, USA)
>      Allan Bradley,(Sanger Centre, UK)
>      Carl Branden,(Stockholm, Sweden)
>      Iain Campbel,(Oxford, UK)
>      Chris Dobson,(Cambridge, UK)
>      Tim Harris,(Structural GenomiX, USA)
>      Fergal Hill,(Avidis, France)
>      Alwyn Jones,(Uppsala, Sweden)
>      Ian Jones,(Reading, UK)
>      Andrew Leslie,(Cambridge, UK)
>      Tom Terwilliger,(Los Alamos, USA)
>      Andy Thompson,(Grenoble, France)
>      Martyn Winn,(CCP4, UK)
>
> How to apply:
> For a web registration form and more details, visit the CCP4 WWW homepage
> at http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/ and follow the courses link.
>
> Further enquiries can be made to ccp4conf@dl.ac.uk, Tel: +44 (0)1925
> 603929, Fax: +44 (0(1925 603825;  or to Maeri Howard Eales, Daresbury
> Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington WA4 4AD, UK
>

> Scientific Organisers:Robert Esnouf and Dave Stuart (Oxford), Keith Wilson (York)
> Organisers: Alun Ashton, Maeri Howard Eales and Pat Broadhurst (Daresbury)
>
> Closing date for applications is 16 November 2001. Applications must be
> received by this date. Early registration is recomended as numbers may
> need to be limited.

Alun Ashton,   awa@ccp4.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1925 603528
CCP4,          ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk   Fax: +44 1925 603825
                      http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD