[ccp4bb]: patterson with translational symmetry

Dear All,

I would like to have some suggestion about solving the patterson with
translational symmetry.
I have a crystal in C2 with a translational symmetry of (0.5,0,0.33),
and 4 molecules per ASU.  Different crystals are very non-isomorphous,
and some crystal will convert to I222 spacegroup.  So I can only work at
one crystal with Hg soaked and so far only collect one-wavelength SAD
data in 1.0A up to resolution of 2.5A. And this dataset show significant
anomalous signal.
The problem with it is that SOLVE couldn't find any good sites and FOM
is only at 0.2-0.3. Manual picking (only expect 4 Hg) the peak followed
the (0.5,0,0.33) symmetry didn't provide any reasonable map. Also tried
MIR, CNX, SnB, seems none of them gave me the right answer.
I would be grateful if you can share with me some of your experiences on
this kind of problem.

Jinsong

"The DAO is not a real DAO when it can be talked about."
						---(DAO DE JING)
Jinsong Liu, Ph.D.
Tularik Inc.				Phone: 	650 825-7054
Two Corporate Drive         		Fax: 	650 825-7320
South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA	Email: jsliu@tularik.com