Re: [ccp4bb]: Version 7.2 of RedHat

Dear Peter,

I have recently been able to get a version of redhat7.2 and I might
reluctantly be able to make the images available on the CCP4 ftp area. (I
was able to slowly download them from ftp.mirror.ac.uk)

HOWEVER! My early testing shows that the CCP4 source code compiled on
redhat 7.2 (with either of the 2 compilers distributed) produces binaries
that are less than satisfactory (for at least one of the crucial CCP4
programs).

Because of this my current recommendation for RedHat 7* is still to get
the CCP4 binaries produced by Kevin Cowtan and made available from York
FTP site. I will look into mirroring these at CCP4.

When I get the opportunity I will produce a fuller report for CCP4bb on my
findings - but this may be next month.

sorry about the 'gloomy' RedHat report
Alun.

> Hi
>
> Although the CCS web page on the Redhat Linux distribution mentions Redhat
> version 7.0
>
> see:  http://www.cc.ic.ac.uk/information/userdocs/linux/bultn/l201.htm
>
> I notice that version 7.1 is available.  There is also a directory for the
> recent 7.2 version but this is protected:
>
> see: http://unix-software.cc.ic.ac.uk/imperial/software/os/RedHat/
>
> I need to install Redhat Linux on 3 PCs and would like to know when version
> 7.2 is likely to be available.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Brick,  Blackett Laboratory, Imperial College,
> Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BW, UK
> Tel: 020-7594-7704  Fax: 020-7589-0191

Alun
Alun Ashton,   awa@ccp4.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1925 603528
CCP4,          ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk   Fax: +44 1925 603825
                      http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD