Re: [ccp4bb]: mosflm run time error on linux (fwd)

This will work, but you shouldn't have to do this.

SYMOP is set to symop.lib in the file $CCP4/include/default.def
which should be read in by mosflm (via a call to the CCP4
library which also sets default directory to be $CLIBD). This
value can be overridden by a setenv but hard to disable it.
I can get your error message with

setenv SYMOP SYMOP

but I guess you never typed that ;-)

Sooo, I would probably check first that no-one messed with your
default.def file.

Cheers
Martyn

> Tim Grüne wrote:
> >   $TEXT:Warning: $$ comment $$
> >   WARNING: CCPOPN Logical name SYMOP has no associated file name
> >   $$
> >  Open failed: Unit:  24, File: SYMOP (logical: SYMOP)
> >  Last system error message:
> >  No such file or directory
> >  mosflm:   Open failed: File: SYMOP
>
> try:
>
> setenv SYMOP $CCP4/lib/data/symop.lib
>  (or the equivalent for your shell)
>
> I put this in ccp4.setup which I source from .(t)cshrc .
> Most of the ccp4 programs seem to know where to find SYMOP,
> but it is convenient to be able to "nedit $SYMOP" whenever
> I have a spacegroup question.

*                  Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*      Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, ENGLAND     *
*      Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: m.d.winn@ccp4.ac.uk (personal)    *
*      Fax: +44 1925 603825    E-mail: ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  (CCP4 problems)  *
*          URL: http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/martyn/martyn.html                 *