Re: [ccp4bb]: mosflm run time error on linux (fwd)

Hi folks

just to stop this one "running and running"; I've already been in touch
with Tim and we have traced the problem to an error of omission (i.e.
simply forgetting to add "source ccp4.setup" to normal login
procedures...).

> This will work, but you shouldn't have to do this.
>
> SYMOP is set to symop.lib in the file $CCP4/include/default.def
> which should be read in by mosflm (via a call to the CCP4
> library which also sets default directory to be $CLIBD). This
> value can be overridden by a setenv but hard to disable it.
> I can get your error message with
>
> setenv SYMOP SYMOP
>
> but I guess you never typed that ;-)
>
> Sooo, I would probably check first that no-one messed with your
> default.def file.
>
> Cheers
> Martyn
>

> > Tim Grüne wrote:
> > >   $TEXT:Warning: $$ comment $$
> > >   WARNING: CCPOPN Logical name SYMOP has no associated file name
> > >   $$
> > >  Open failed: Unit:  24, File: SYMOP (logical: SYMOP)
> > >  Last system error message:
> > >  No such file or directory
> > >  mosflm:   Open failed: File: SYMOP
> >
> > try:
> >
> > setenv SYMOP $CCP4/lib/data/symop.lib
> >  (or the equivalent for your shell)
> >
> > I put this in ccp4.setup which I source from .(t)cshrc .
> > Most of the ccp4 programs seem to know where to find SYMOP,
> > but it is convenient to be able to "nedit $SYMOP" whenever
> > I have a spacegroup question.

Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH