[ccp4bb]: Backup devices

Dear All,

I am looking to purchase a backup system for use in the lab that will be
compatible with devices at Daresbury, Grenoble and Hamburg. I guess the
current favourite is DLT, but which flavour should I go for? There was much
discussion about Firewire disks a few weeks back, but how widely used are
these? I am slowly moving from SGs to PCs running Linux, so compatibility
with the latter would be preferred.

Any advice on makes/models, capacities, suppliers, and prices of both
devices and media would be most appreciated. Info on how these devices
connect to your computer would also be useful (e.g. SCSI).

Thanks very much in advance,

Dave Lawson

Dr. David M. Lawson
Biological Chemistry Dept.,