[ccp4bb]: Double disk crash in Uppsala

g'day folks,

as you may or may not have noticed, we had some interruption of various
services recently due to a disk crash that wiped out most of the local www
pages. the usf and hic-up sites have been restored and should be in the same
shape as the night before the crash - but if you encounter missing links,
please let me know (only for the usf and hic-up pages, please).

also, while trying to salvage as much as possible of the disk that holds most
www pages, the disk holding the mail INBOX files crashed. this means that any
mail sent to users located at xray.bmc.uu.se (or alpha2.bmc.uu.se or
pdb.bmc.uu.se) between the end of last week and monday afternoon may well have
been irretrievably lost. so if you sent anything important, you may want to
verify with the intended recipient if it was actually received.

--dvd

ps: for the capitalisation fundamentalists, here are the missing
    capitals for this mail - please add them where appropriate:
    GAWWWTUSFHICUUSFHICUAWWWTMSDVDPSPPSFSFOURII

pps: several people had sent me code and notes for reading fsfour maps;
     since i hadn't done anything with these yet, they were still
     living in my INBOX and have hence been eradicated. i would be
     grateful if those who sent these mails could re-send them

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
    [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.