RE: [ccp4bb]: Double disk crash in Uppsala

For those of you seeking to emulate Gerard's latest email capitalization
methods, you might want to consider using PyMOL.  It is a free and
open-source molecular graphics system, which now also supports email
de-capitalization.  Compare PyMOL output with the genuine article at the
end of the message.  I think you'll be impressed.

# BEGIN PyMOL Script "gerard.pym"
#
# Under Windows, save as "gerard.pym", then
# double-click to run.
# Under Unix run "pymol gerard.pym"
#
input = '''

Please consider, Gerard "DVD" Kleywegt,
how much easier it would be to use PyMOL
to remove those annoying little capitals
from your emails.  While it might be possible
to use O macros for the same task, most
Xtallographers would prefer a free and
open-source solution. Manual removal of
capital letters should only be considered
as a last resort.

You can find PyMOL on the WWW, http://www.pymol.org.

Cheers,
Warren L. DeLano
'''
# standard, resuable footer
input= input + '''
PS: for the capitalisation fundamentalists, here are the missing
    capitals for this mail - please add them where appropriate:
    '''
from string import lower,join
caps = []
output = []
for a in input:
   if lower(a)!=a: caps.append(a)
   output.append(lower(a))
print join(output+caps,'')
#
# END "gerard.pym"

#####################
### SAMPLE OUTPUT ###
#####################

please consider, gerard "dvd" kleywegt,
how much easier it would be to use pymol
to remove those annoying little capitals
from your emails.  while it might be possible
to use o macros for the same task, most
xtallographers would prefer a free and
open-source solution. manual removal of
capital letters should only be considered
as a last resort.

you can find pymol on the www, http://www.pymol.org.

cheers,
warren l. delano

ps: for the capitalisation fundamentalists, here are the missing
    capitals for this mail - please add them where appropriate:
    PGDVDKPMOLWOXMYPMOLWWWCWLDLPS
PyMOL>

### Compare with Gerard's email below ###