From: owner-ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk [mailto:owner-ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk]On Behalf Of
Manfred W. Baumstark
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 12:39 PM
To: ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb]: oops2 vs PyMOL non-flame war

> now, if i could just get PyMOL to build and run on my Linux system, i
> would give it a try.  Oh, and i have to learn Python as well.

PyMOL installed 'on the fly' on my Redhat 7.0, Win98, WinNT, and Win2000
systems.
Operation is stable except on Win98. OpenGL stereo works perfectly on WinNT
and Win2000 (quadro card, revelator glasses, Nvidia drivers 12.83). I
started to use PyMOL as I had the need to look at and compare lots of large
(400x400x200A) CCP4-maps. Very easy with PyMOL :-).

Manfred