[ccp4bb]: peak search : N dimensions -> 1-dimension

Hello,

There is a trick that nobody pointed out during last discussion on the peak
search, and I would like to tell about it to young programmers.

	At my understanding, there is the only one algorithm - to check the
neighbours - but there are numerous its practical realisations which were
discussed.

	If you do such a search once (or a small number of times), all these
computations cost nothing or very little and all codes (except very stupid
which we do not discuss) are practically the same. However, if you do this
search (or simply a search for the global maximum, etc etc) many-many
times, you should not forget that the processing of MULTIdimensional array
cost MUCH MORE in CPU than the processing of the ONEdimensional array (of
the same total length) in which your data are orginised in your computer in
any case.

	This switch from multi- to one- dimension became less crucial with the
modern computers but there still be problems when this gain in CPU time can
be useful.

Best regards,

Sasha