RE: [ccp4bb]: dial box and crystal eyes for Linux?

Just to clarify, NuVision glasses & emitters can be used for both
above-below stereo and stereo-in-a-window.  The determining factor is
the graphics card.  However, unlike Xfit, PyMOL only supports
stereo-in-a-window (it doesn't work with sync doublers because I've
never had one to develop on).

If you want to use PyMOL in stereo on a PC, you currently need to spend
extra for a true quad-buffer stereo graphics card (nVidia Quadro series
or Oxygen GVX1, etc.), and I suspect you will need to run under Windows.
Is this correct?

Does anyone know of Linux support for true stereo-in-a-window with any
card?  Email details to me so that I can post that information on the
PyMOL web site.

Although you can hack "cheap" nVidia GeForce cards to do
stereo-in-a-window under Windows
(http://pymol.sourceforge.net/stereo.html), this approach isn't ideal,
and I don't recommend it for anything more than very occasional use.

Cheers,
Warren
(PyMOL author)

--