Re: [ccp4bb]: fitting atomic models into cryoEM maps

> We have a 13-15 A resolution cryoEM map of a mutliprotein assembly. For
> some of the proteins from this assembly we have their atomic structures
> obtained by X-ray crystallography.  I am looking for a program to help
> us in fitting of these proteins into the cryoEM map.
>
> There are two programs I have tried already: EMFIT and ESSENS. Are there
> any other programs that can be used for fitting?

i'm sure there are. some places to look:

- september 2001 issue of Structure had a ways&means about this

- acta cryst d56 october 2000 (ccp4 proceedings) had
  several papers about this

- more papers about this can certainly be found if you browse
  through some old volumes of j struct biol

- pubmed

--dvd

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
    [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.