[ccp4bb]: Compiling molscript under Linux Redhat 6 or 7-

Dear CCP4'ers,

I realize molscript is not part of the CCP4 distribution, but
it is of interest to many readers, so I post this note:

I was unable to compile molscript-2.1.2 on our redhat system,
so I asked our sysadmin Jim Guggemos for help.
In case it will be useful for anyone else, I put his solution at
http://sb20.lbl.gov/pub/molscript.

His makefile and a required header file from the Mesa SRPM
are there as well as a tarfile of all three files.
The changes are described in http://sb20.lbl.gov/pub/molscript/README
which I paste below:

(next I'll ask him to make PYMOL)
Ed
README:
I only tested this under one configuration:

  - RedHat 6.2
  - Kernel: RH release 2.2.19-6.2.10smp
  - Mesa and Mesa-devel RH packages, ver 3.2, rel 2
  - Linked with NVidia's hardware accelerated OpenGL libraries.

Executable compiled under this configuration was tested and ran under this
configuration:

  - RedHat 7.1
  - Kernel: RH Release 2.4.2-2
  - Mesa RH package, ver 3.4, rel 13
  - Mesa GL libraries

Your mileage may vary..

To compile this "complete" version with GL on linux, I modified the
Makefile.complete (and named it Makefile.complete.linux)
and did the following things:

1) Grab the glutbitmap.h file from the Mesa SRC RPM distribution and put
   it in /usr/X11R6/include/GL (as root), or put it in the clib subdirectory
   of the molscript distribution (as normal user).  The glutbitmap.h file
   may be included with this README.

2) Modify clib/ogl_bitmap_character.c and change the #include statement
   that formerly read:

   #include <../lib/glut/glutbitmap.h>

   #include <GL/glutbitmap.h>    (if you installed to /usr/X11R6/include/GL)

   or

   #include "./glutbitmap.h"     (if you installed to clib subdirectory)

3) make -f Makefile.complete.linux