Re: [ccp4bb]: Compilers and XP1000 vs Pentium

Peter,

> Is it possible to compile the CCP4 suite using ifc? Which compiler switches
> are needed? Unfortunately the g77 and ifc compilers are not compatible as
> they use different run time libraries.

It has been done (thanks Clemens). It can be done. However, there is need
for numerous patches to both program files and ccp4 library files (about
90 major and minor changes). CCP4 version 4.2 will be tested with intel
compilers and it should be easily implemented somehow with configure.

We are very busy finalising the new release that should be out around
Easter time. Because of this the best we can offer for the time being is
to wait for 4.2.

Alun
Alun Ashton,   awa@ccp4.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1925 603528
CCP4,          ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk   Fax: +44 1925 603825
                      http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD