Re: [ccp4bb]: Seleno Methionine

By it from Acros...it has worked great for all of MAD experiments and other
labs MAD experiments here at UIC.   I sent out a reply to the same question
before..check the archives.  Why is it cheaper?  Maybe the connection with
Fisher Scientific. Who cares...it works!

A. Mesecar

At 06:51 PM 2/26/2002 +0100, Denis Verger wrote:
>***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
>***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
>
>Dear all,
>
>This is a basic question not directly related to CCP4.
>We want to buy so commercially available SelenoMethionine and we mainly
>found 2 providers : Sigma and Acros.
>
>The thing that stiked us is the price difference between these providers :
>
>Acros : L Selenomethionine 99+%
>R/23/25 33; S 20/21 28A 45 UN 3283 DOT 6.1(55C)
>
>Price  250 mg  : 412 Francs
>         1  g  : 555 Francs
>        2.5 g  : 717 Francs
>

>Sigma : Seleno-L-Methionine
>R:62-36/37/38  S:26-36
>
>Price   25 mg  : 232 Francs
>       100 mg  : 726 Francs
>
>Does anybody know why there is such a price difference? Any experience with
>any of these products and which one to choose?
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Cheers
>
>Denis verger

---------
   Andrew D. Mesecar
   Assistant Professor
   Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
    and the Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
   (MC 870) MBRB Room 3070
   900 South Ashland Avenue
   Chicago, IL 60607

   Ear-Mail	312-996-1877 (office)