[ccp4bb]: SeMet

Denis Verger did not mention it in his email, but if one is interested
in producing a SeMet derivative of a protein using some Met-auxotrophic
organism, a mixture of L- and D-SeMet can be used. This cuts down the
price of the expression media A LOT. The amount of SeMet in the media
has to be doubled though. The bugs will take the enantiomer they like
(e.g. E.coli takes in L-SeMet only). This procedure has worked for us
many times already.

Petr

P.S. Hopefully, I spelled the chemical terms correctly (I learned them
not in English).