Re: [ccp4bb]: Indigo2 dials on O2

BS"D

Hi Jeroen and everybody else,

> is it possible to connect the older dial boxes (indigo2 type)
> to an O2? What do I need for that?

   I just sent Jeroen a message about this that was a bit sparse.  After
searching around I found one which is more complete from Alfons Haedener
in '98:

> I assume that the following information might be useful.
>
> Using the pin assignments shown below (Thanks to Peter Eggenberger) we
> have been able to build an adaptor cable to attach one of the "old"
> dials boxes from SGI to our new O2 workstation.
>

> Dials (9 pinSubD-female)        O2,Octane (9 pinSubD-female)
>
>        2 TD -------------------------------- 3 TD
>
>        3 RD -------------------------------- 2 RD
>
>        4 RTS ------------------------------- 7 RTS
>
>        5 CTS ------------------------------- 8 CTS
>
>        7 GND ------------------------------- 5 GND
>
>        8 DCD ------------------------------- 1 DCD
>
>        9 DTR ------------------------------- 4 DTR
>

> 9 pinSubD-female plug:  5 4 3 2 1
>                          9 8 7 6
>

> Note that the driver software (Optional Input Devices: eoe.sw.optinput
> and eoe.man.optinput) must be installed and configured to run the dials.
> There is also a patch (no. 1750) that is useful to let the driver know
> that there is a dials box attached only, rather than dials and buttons.
> The workstation must be re-booted after configuration of the driver.
>
> Alfons Haedener

Hope that is more useful,

  Harry M. Greenblatt           | Phone: 972-8-934-3625
  Research Assistant            | FAX  :           4159
  Dept. of Structural Biology   |
  Weizmann Institute of Science |
  Rehovot, Israel 76100         | Email: harry.greenblatt@weizmann.ac.il