[ccp4bb]: DL-SeMet proper?

Hi, all,

It's not something on the topic of CCP4.

I am planning to express a SeMet incorporated protein in E.coli B834(DE3).
One month ago I ordered DL-SeMet from sigma and now it arrived. I had
thought of useing it to do the expression, but I was worrying at the
moment. Is DL-SeMet proper for SeMet incorporated protein expression? Will
the D-SeMet affect the effect and quality of the expression?

As the long-time waiting(about 1 month) for L-SeMet and the surprising
expense of these chemicals, I had not given up using DL-SeMet. Anyone did
expression using DL-SeMet? What about the results? Any suggestions are
wellcom.

Thanks in advance.

sincerely,

Yadong