Re: [ccp4bb]: sfall memsize

The original answer to this message was actually correct for SFALL -
i.e. you can set the MEMSIZE on the command line (in a similar way to
setting XYZIN or HKLIN) to adjust the memory allocation. There is no
need to rebuild the program - just rerun it.

The SFALL documentation does contain this information, see
e.g. http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/dist/html/sfall.html#memory_allocation

(Swen's answer below is more generally correct however for the majority
of CCP4 programs, where memory limits are hard-coded inside the
program.)

Hope this helps,

Peter.

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Swen Tromm wrote:

> I don't know in which programming language sfall has been written, but if
> you have the source code the following steps would apply for a C or C++
> programme:
>
> 1. Run a grep MEMSIZE *.h (or grep MEMSIZE *.hpp)
> 2. Check for a line "#define MEMSIZE  ...."
> 3. Change the value
> 4. Run a make all
>
> In a fortran programme simular steps are to apply.
>
> I hope this may helps.
>
> Regards
>

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Tommy Wang wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:27:47 +0800
> > From: Tommy Wang <chernhoe@ima.org.sg>
> > To: ccp4bb <ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk>
> > Subject: [ccp4bb]: sfall memsize
> >
> > ***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
> > ***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
> >
> > Does anyone know how I may increase the memsize in sfall? I've checked the
> > documentation but there were no clear instructions...
> >
> >  SFALL:  Too many positions generated: increase MEMSIZE (see doc)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Tommy

> Swen Hartmut Tromm
> EMBL Outstation Hinxton
> European Bioinformatics Institute
> Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
> Hinxton Hall
> CB10 1SD
> UK
>
> T ++44 (0) 1223 49 2534
> F ++44 (0) 1223 49 4468
>
> www.ebi.ac.uk

Peter J Briggs, pjx@ccp4.ac.uk   Tel: +44 1925 603826
CCP4,           ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  Fax: +44 1925 603825
                http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington   WA4 4AD