[ccp4bb]: CCP4 and other crystallographic programs on Mac OS X

Hi everyone:

I am wondering what sort of experiences people are having with CCP4
programs and others on OS X.

Some of my friends, recognizing that I am a slobbering Mac fan, have
been asking me for advice, so I have made a feeble attempt
at a web page for them and whomever else might be interested:

http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/crystallography_on_OS_X.html

However I worry that my advice might be out of date or there might be
much better ways of doing things.

Specifically, following directions at http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/ccb/ I have
compiled many of the CCP4 programs, but there are still several that I
haven't been able to get to compile, using g77 v. 2.95 and the mac
"native" cc compiler.

Also, despite being able to compile CNS 1.1 with g77, we've been having
major difficulties using the Absoft fortran compiler, which I would
really like to do in order to take advantage of our two processors.  Has
anyone had success with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Bill Scott

William G. Scott

Assistant Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA