Re: [ccp4bb]: How to reverse a CA trace?

Yong Xiong wrote:
> Hi all, here's a simple question. If we traced the CA in the wrong
> direction, what is the best way to reverse the main
> chain trace with the pdb file (poly-ala) obtained in the opposite direction?

Maybe not the best, but if you're using O this works-

	s-a-o bckw.pdb model ;;;;;
	 awk '$3~/CA/' bckw.pdb |sort -nrk2 >! forw.pdb
	s-a-i forw.pdb model2
	sam_ren model2 ;;;
	!merge_atoms model2 1 50 model 1 ???
	!lego_auto_MC

Awk gets only the CA's; the relative positions of the other atoms won't
be useful after reversing and can be regenerated with lego_auto commands

sort -nrk2 sorts reversely on atom number which was autogenerated by s-a-o

after reading back in, renumber residues with sam_rename

If one has gone so far as assigning sequence before discovering one's
mistake, "merge_atoms" merges coords from mol1 and sequence from mol2 and
puts the result in mol2 (I think- check the syntax before trying it).

Lots of luck,
Ed