Re: [ccp4bb]: conversion of .phs phase file (xtalview) to .mtz format

STOP!!!! I never said that! The "unkown column" in your file is unlikely to be
packed H-L coefficients. The script I sent was taken from a PHASIT file as an
example, where H-L coeffs. are packed in 2 columns. If more of these "unknown"
values are 1.0 - my guess is that they are FreeRFlags for X-validation.

How to make an O map from an MTZ file:

1) Click on the 'Map & Mask Utilities" module

2) Click on "Run FFT - Create Map"

3)"Run FFT" to generate "simple" map
Output map in "O" format to cover "asymmetic unit"

F1 = FP Sigma = Unassigned (though you should copy this from an original file and
use it - SIGFP)
PHI = PHIS Weight = FOM

NOTE: If you have a PDB file, you can generate a map surrounding the atoms by
selecting "all atoms in a PDB file" instead of "asymmetric unit". Then supply the
PDB file.

--
Paul Hubbard
Dept. of Biochemistry