RE: [ccp4bb]: conversion of .phs phase file (xtalview) to .mtz format

Hi Ram:

As far as I know, the last column in the shelxe output contains the
phase error.

As far as the map contouring volume is concerned, O requires the loaded
map to be calculated over the volume of interest, i.e. if you're
considering the heavy atoms, you should extend (using mapmask) the map
to cover those atoms.  (The easy way to find the required limits is to
use the minimum and maximum x,y,z values of all the heavy atoms.)

An easier way, which bypasses all of mtzutils, fft, and mapmask, is to
use xtalview, which reads the .phs file directly and calculates the map
on the fly over the volume where you're centred.

Good luck.
Phraenquex

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.