Re: [ccp4bb]: MIR-test case

Dear Hemant,

Proteinase K would be an excellent choice.  GdCl3, SmCl3,
and p-hydroxymercuribenzoic acid make high quality derivatives.
We used proteinase K and derivatives in a structural molecular
biology lab course recently given at UCLA.
Instructions for crystallization, heavy atom preparation, and where
to buy proteinase K can be found at:

http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/~sawaya/m230d/Crystallization/crystallization.html

Good luck!
Mike Sawaya