Re: [ccp4bb]: LINK statement

Hi

If you run refmac with
make link yes

command then it creates all necessary and unnecessary links. You remove unnecesary
links and whatever you need.

You are right that we should have kind of howto. I am planning, but have not done
yet.

Garib

Narayanan Ramasubbu wrote:

> Hi:
> I am trying to link two sugar residues using the edit restraints in pdb
> file using the gui. I am getting a boolean error.
> The MODRES works fine. Is there actual  example of this (LINK statement)
> somewhere? (I have gone thorugh the RTFM but unable to find ... ).
> Also, on the same issue, wouldn't it be greater if the CCP4 has examples
> of
> 1) files to create a link between amino acid and sugar
> 2) files to create a link between two non-standard ligands
> 3) how to fix the conformation of a sugar say in 4C1  etc.
>
> I think these are very standard and will provide novices a greater
> appreciation of what can be achieved using refmac5.
> subbu

> | Dr. Narayanan Ramasubbu |   _____   | "You are what you are destined to be; |
> | Dental Research Center  |  /~~~~/\  |  Nothing more, nothing less."         |
> | C-634, MSB, UMDNJ       | (|-- --|) |               "Quote of the day"      |
> | Newark, NJ 07103        |  \ `=' /  |Phone: 973 972-0704| Fax: 973 972-0705 |

Garib N. Murshudov, Chemistry Department, University of York, U.K.
Tel: Home +44 (1904) 42 62 87, work:  +44 (1904) 43 25 65