Re: [ccp4bb]: OSX: A great Linux alternative. But Stereo?

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, DeLano, Warren wrote:

> In my view, our best hope is to STRONGLY ENCOURAGE Apple to facilitate
> a stereo-graphics solution under OSX.  We need to help Apple understand
> this priority.  They ARE listening, and they do ACT on feedback.

sounds good, but i perceive two little problems:

1) stereo doesn't work on current flat panel monitors because the vertical
refresh rate is insufficient

2) Apple no longer sells CRTs

hey, tell them they could be the "new SGI". maybe that will motivate them.

cheers,

"You can trust me, because I'm in the news media"  -- Dave Barry
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world
                        MacCHESS, Cornell University
                        djs63@cornell.edu