Re: [ccp4bb]: OSX & LCD Stereo

Richard Gillilan wrote:

[...]
> only passive glasses. The company VREX
> markets this kind of solution. They can
> actually retrofit commercial LCD
> displays to work this way I believe.

There are also some projects under way, which would lead to
autostereoscopic LCD-displays (with several slightly different
approaches, see recent articles on /. for example). The expectation is,
that this will become commercially available within the next year for
professional users (at a very high price) and within 5 years for
consumer-grade products.

These displays would work without shutter-glasses or any other device
you would have to wear, but as I understood it, they are not ready yet.

--
Bye,  Marc Saric

Max-Planck-Institut fuer molekulare Physiologie
Otto-Hahn-Str.11  44227 Dortmund  phone:0231/133-2168