[ccp4bb]: Residue movements at 100K?]

Good point, my case involves the reduction of a redox center through
x-ray exposure.
I understand that all atoms may move at temperatures above 0 K but is
there enough
energy for concerted movements of  residues? Obviously, freeze trapping
experiments
have been successful.  I am hoping for examples where residue
conformational changes
in a frozen crystal have been documented and correlated to the radiation
exposure.

"DeLano, Warren" wrote:

   How could one distinguish side chain movement from static disorder in
such a structure?

good point.
However, for oxidized redox centers that are reduced by synchrotron
radiation. Different
exposure times for multiple crystal structures that are frozen in
identical conditions
could provide such information.

        I was wondering if anyone has evidence for side chain movements
occurring
        in a frozen crystal (@ 100K) or if anyone believes that it is
possible.

        --