[ccp4bb]: 3D stereo under linux and W2K

Hello,

several cards come with a connector for the emitter (NuVision/
Stereographics). Check out the following site:

http://www.stereographics.com/homepagecomp/frame-srhard.html

However, those cards cost a fortune (except for some older models).
In addition, quad-buffered OpenGl stereo under linux is only possible
with some of these using a special driver by Xi-Graphics. Check out
the following site:

http://www.xig.com

In our institute, a collegue has a linux box with a Matrox G450 (only 32
MB memory...) and with the XiG driver gets plenty of action (dual view
and even stereo working just fine). The quality and speed are better than
for the SGI O2. For stereo viewing he uses the ELSA revelator glasses that
cost about nothing but are hard to get. You can also check out the following
address for glasses:

http://www3d.com

In my oppinion, buy an ATI Radeon 7500 (good price/performance) and get the
XiG driver plus some cheap glasses. In this way, you can have stereo using
linux and W2K and save money too.

Jeroen.
--
Jeroen Raymundus Mesters, Ph.D.                           Alias Geronimo
Dept. of Structural Biology and Crystallography,  Institute of Molecular