[ccp4bb]: 3D stereo under linux and W2K, 2nd mail

Hello all,

running quake III with more than 200 frames per second cannot be
the selection criteria for the card. If so, buy NVidia and forget
about quad buffered OpenGl stereo under linux for the time being.
Although, this could well change... some day.

If you are interested in quad buffered opengl under linux then the
choice is limited as you could have seen from www.xig.com (no, I am
not on their payroll). This is the card with the best performance
in the desktop range and you will pay only 99 dollars for the
driver. It lookes good compared to the wildcat II 5110.
Anyway, it is a very good card by any standard in the socalled
budget league. Matrox is also very good but it only comes with
32 MB...

I am filling order forms right now for a home build 2 processor AMD
computer with an ATI 7500. I will inform you about my personal experience
soon.

Jeroen.
--
Jeroen Raymundus Mesters, Ph.D.                           Alias Geronimo
Dept. of Structural Biology and Crystallography,  Institute of Molecular